Strawberry Apple Polenta Crisp (Gluten-Free, Vegan Option)
A sweet & tart strawberry and apple crisp brought to life with a subtle polenta crunch! This tasty and healthy gluten-free & vegan fruit crisp is sure to please the senses!
With this delightful crisp, I bring you something a bit different. . .
. . . with my family on a bit of a fruit kick recently, I knew it was time for a crisp, but I found myself craving something other than your standard oat fruit crisp fare.
With a little experimentation, I discovered that the tart sweetness of apples and strawberries make for a match made in heaven when paired with a bit of polenta crunch!
If you've never had a crisp made with polenta before, you are most certainly in for a treat - it is beyond delish! Enjoy.
- 1 lb strawberries (approx. 3 cups), quartered
- 3 apples (any variety), peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tbs tapioca starch
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup polenta (or grits/coarse cornmeal)
- 5 tbs butter (or non-dairy spread for vegan option), room temperature
- 3 tbs coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon