Easy Spicy Refrigerator Pickles Recipe
These quick and easy refrigerator pickles are super simple to make, healthy and satisfying, and filled to the brim with rich, spicy flavors! Gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free, too!
These spicy refrigerator pickles could not be EASIER to make! You simply slice some cucumbers, pack them in jar, heat up a flavorful brine, pour over the cucumbers, and throw in the fridge. Easy peasy! And, DELICIOUS.
These Spicy Pickles are:
Super simple, quick, and easy to make!
Much better tasting than store bought pickles!
Made WITHOUT Dill - and not one ounce less flavorsome for doing so!
Filled with loads of flavor. Tangy, zippy, spicy, tart, sweet, garlicky, salty and everything in-between. They are simply put: yummy!
Nutritious and filled with, vitamin K, prebiotics (fiber that feeds the good bacteria in your gut!! and healthy acids that promote gut health.
Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free.
What to serve Refrigerator Pickles with:
Easy Spicy Refrigerator Pickles (Vegan, Refined Sugar-Free)
Author: Kristen Wood | 4-3-2019
- prep time: 10 minutes
- cook time: 5 minutes
- total time: 1 day (to account for pickling time in the refrigerator)
Yields: approx. 12 pickle spears
- 3 pickling cucumbers, sliced length-wise into 4 spears each
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Slice the cucumbers and smash the garlic.
- Place the garlic in the bottom of a pint-sized jar.
- Pack the cucumbers (vertically) into the jar on top of the garlic. You want to place them so they are snugly fit and will not rise when brine is added.
- Sprinkle chili flakes into the jar.
- In a sauce pan over low heat combine water, vinegar, salt and sugar.
- Heat, while stirring, just until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Pour this brine over your packed cucumbers in the jar until they are just covered.
- Let sit uncovered for 10-15 minutes, or until jar is only slightly warm to touch.
- Screw a lid on tightly and place in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving.
I find these pickles can be enjoyed for up to 2 months, so long as there are no signs of spoilage present (mushiness, discoloration, etc.)!
- Serving: 1 spear
- Fat: 0 grams
- Calories: 16
- Carbs: 3 grams
NOTE: Please see 'Tips' above in the blog post for suitable substitutions, storage advice and more!