Spicy Chimichurri Chickpea Pasta Bowl (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
This Spicy Chimichurri Chickpea Pasta Bowl is super flavorful, healthy, easy to make, gluten- free, vegan, and packed with protein and fiber!
This delicious and healthy gluten-free vegan pasta dish can be served as a warm bit of comfort food, or as a cold pasta salad . . .
I love a good bowl of pasta! And, I was feeling a bit tired of my usual go-tos when I created this dish. I was looking for a different pop of flavor, and I think I succeeded . . .
This hearty, filling bowl of pasta goodness is:
Gluten-Free & Vegan
Has a Variety of Satisfying Textures
Protein and Fiber-Rich
Easy To Make
Can Be Served Warm or Cold
Fresh & Vibrant
We truly enjoyed the medley of flavors and textures in this Spicy Chimichurri Chickpea Pasta Bowl, and we hope you do, too!
- 1 cup canned or freshly cooked chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 tbs sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 8 oz gluten-free pasta (I use Banza's Chickpea Cavatappi Pasta)
- 1 cup chimichurri sauce
- 1/2 cup pickled or raw red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp red chili flakes (adjust to the spiciness level you prefer)
- to taste sea salt
- optional, to garnish: fresh chopped parsley