Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with Sorghum Flour
This perfectly textured Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is made with Sorghum Flour for delightful flavor and nutrition! These healthy cookies are made with only a handful of simple, wholesome ingredients, and are vegan + refined sugar-free to boot!
These gluten-free vegan chocolate chip cookies are made extra special with the addition of sorghum flour. For me, sorghum flour most closely resembles wheat flour. So if you’re missing that classic chocolate chip cookie feel, then look no further! These delights are for you.
What is Sorghum Flour?
Sorghum flour is a soft, tender gluten-free flour milled from Sorghum, a high-fiber grain.
Sorghum Flour Cookies
These Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies made with Sorghum Flour are:
Soft, tender, buttery (without butter!), with perfectly crisp bottoms and edges.
Super easy to make.
Made with wholesome ingredients.
Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, nut-free, and refined sugar-free.
How to Make Sorghum Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies - Step by Step
Combine dry ingredients.
2. Add wet ingredients.
4. Add chocolate chips.
5. Fold in chocolate chips until incorporated.
6. Scoop dough into rounds on baking sheet.
7. Bake and enjoy!
Top Tips for Making Vegan Gluten Free Cookies with Sorghum Flour
Make it Sugar-Free
These cookies keep well at room temperature for up to 24 hours, or refrigerated in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Common Recipe Questions
Can I replace the maple syrup with another sweetener?
Can I replace sorghum flour with another flour?
Because I created this recipe with sorghum flour in mind and have not tested it with any others, I do not recommend it. But, if you do try something else, I would love to hear about it!
More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Gluten Free Vegan Sorghum Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Kristen Wood | 10-08-2019
- prep time: 5 minutes
- cook time: 15 minutes
- total time: 20 minutes
Yields: 1 dozen (12) cookies
- 1 cup sorghum flour (121 grams)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (170 grams)
- 1/4 cup softened vegan butter, regular butter or coconut oil (58 grams)
- 6 tablespoons chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add maple syrup and butter. Whisk until a cookie dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into golf ball-sized rounds and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until bottoms and edges are turning golden.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Serving: 2 cookies
- Fat: 15 grams
- Calories: 259
- Carbs: 31 grams
- Fiber: 2.1 grams
NOTE: Please see 'Tips' above in the blog post for suitable substitutions, storage advice and more!