Quinoa & Steel Cut Oat Granola Bars (Gluten-Free, Vegan Option)
Super nutritious and delicious Chocolate Chip Quinoa and Steel Cut Oat Granola Bars! These make a perfect gluten-free and vegan snack!
This past week has found me having more difficulty than usual keeping up on the postings! Apologies.
My 15 month old is seemingly sprouting all of his remaining teeth all at the same time. Which finds him screaming his head off when I walk away to do, well, anything. Ha! (poor bugger) But alas, I bring you these delicious, chewy & protein packed granola bars!
These are super easy to make, store well, and you'll find them the perfect accompaniment to keeping blood sugar levels up when on the go...
- 1 cup gluten free steel cut oats
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw honey, or maple syrup for vegan option
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, chopped (I like to use honey crystallized)
- 3 tbs chocolate chips, for topping (optional)