No Bake Super Seed Cinnamon Maca Energy Squares
These gluten-free and vegan No Bake Super Seed Cinnamon Maca Energy Squares are filled with energy boosting and hormone balancing properties; as well as being high in protein, iron, calcium, B vitamins, selenium, folate, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E. They make for one flavorful and nourishing healthy treat that is easy to make, too!
I am positively in love with the flavors and properties of maca root (Lepidium meyenii) . . .
Maca is a cruciferous vegetable (and adaptogen!) native to the Andes Mountains whose roots when dried and pulverized can provide the following benefits when ingested:
hormone balancing (particularly for those that deal with estrogen-dominance)
fine tunes memory and focus
provides a good source of vitamin C & iron
Throw in some raisins, oats, sunflower & pumpkin seeds and cinnamon and you have yourself one nutrient-dense little bar full of delicious flavors and textures that makes a great breakfast, snack or healthy treat!
- 1 cup rolled oats (GF if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw maca powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Fat: 4 g