Gluten-Free Vegan Bread Recipe
An easy, healthy, and delicious gluten-free vegan bread perfect as is, for sandwiches, toast, etc. It's a family favorite and the BEST gluten-free vegan bread (in my opinion)!
For my first offering, I would like to share with you one of my staples...
This delightful bread is very much like gluten-full counterparts, and I find it is a great accompaniment to meals, as well as a great sandwich maker!
Tips for making the best Gluten-Free Bread:
Be certain that your yeast is activated and very frothy at the ten-minute mark before using. If there isn’t a reaction and it does not proof (become frothy) then begin the first step of the recipe again.
If you would prefer, you can use an egg instead of the flax seeds for very similar results. Simply omit the flax and add the egg when you add the oil.
Be certain to let the dough sit for at least one hour in a dark and warm place while it rises for best results.
This bread stores best in an air tight container kept at room temperature for up to around 5 days.
How to use my favorite Gluten-Free Vegan Bread:
This bread works beautifully in a gluten-free strata like this one.
It makes a great french toast like this vegan one.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup, for vegan option)
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour blend
- 3 teaspoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or any granulated sugar)
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh rosemary (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
Fat: 2 g