Instant Pot Golden Milk White Bean Soup (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
This Instant Pot Golden Milk White Bean Soup makes for one healthy, hearty, comforting and delicious pressure-cooker meal!
Throw in the ease of an Instant Pot and I’m all ears (or spoons!). . .
This Golden Milk soup made with great northern white beans:
Is easy to make
Requires no prior soaking of the beans
Can be left as is for a hearty & chunky version or blended for a super creamy version
Contains all the health benefits of the amazing golden milk
Is packed with fiber, protein, and iron
Is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and DELICIOUS!
I like to blend half of the soup and leave the rest chunky and then top with hemp seeds and a hefty dollop of coconut yogurt. But, you can certainly make it your own — it is wholly versatile! And, if you’re looking for the crème de la crème of ground turmeric then I cannot recommend Suncore Foods amazing turmeric powder straight from Bolivia enough! It is ridiculously vibrant and flavorful.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cardamom pod, freshly ground (or 1/4 teaspoon)
- 2 cups great northern white beans, dried
- 6 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
- Optionally, garnish with your favorite dairy or non-dairy yogurt
Fat: 6 grams