A warm, healthy, tasty, comforting and nourishing take on hot chocolate. Vegan, gluten-free and full of heart-healthy cacao, delicious cardamom, and protein-rich tahini. The perfect winter beverage!
I'm just a wee bit obsessed with cacao powder (not to be confused with cocoa powder). . .
Cacao powder is about the healthiest form of chocolate that you can consume. It is the product of ground raw cacao beans -- completely unprocessed unlike the cocoa powder that most of us are familiar with. And, boy is it healthy . . .
Cacao powder is:
- extremely high in anti-oxidants that combat disease, aging, pollutants, stress, and dangerous free radicals
- a serotonin booster lending it to be a great reliever of mood swings and depression
- high in iron
- high in magnesium
- high in calcium
- contains anandamide (the "bliss molecule") lending to feelings of euphoria and relaxation
- contains phenylethylamine, a natural energy and mood booster
- contains protein (protein!)
- has been shown to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol
- contains sulfur (great for healthy skin, hair, and nails!)
- has been shown to support good metabolism and healthy weight loss
Through many experimental cups, I discovered the amazingly delicious and complementary power of protein-rich tahini and flavorful cardamom paired with amazingly healthy cacao powder. This combo will blow you away, as you sink into delicious and relaxing guilt-free bliss. Enjoy. . .
If you try it, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, take a photo & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you! <3
Hot Cardamom Tahini Cacao (Gluten Free, Vegan)
Recipe by Kristen Wood | moon and spoon and yum.
A warm, healthy, tasty, and nourishing take on hot chocolate. Vegan, gluten-free and full of heart-healthy cacao and protein-rich tahini. The perfect winter beverage!