Hot Cardamom Tahini Cacao + 11 Health Benefits (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
A warm, healthy, tasty, comforting and nourishing take on hot chocolate. Vegan, gluten-free and full of heart-healthy cacao, delicious cardamom, and protein-rich tahini. The perfect winter beverage!
I'm just a wee bit obsessed with cacao powder (not to be confused with cocoa powder). . .
Cacao powder is about the healthiest form of chocolate that you can consume. It is the product of ground raw cacao beans -- completely unprocessed unlike the cocoa powder that most of us are familiar with. And, boy is it healthy . .
Cacao powder is:
- extremely high in anti-oxidants that combat disease, aging, pollutants, stress, and dangerous free radicals
- a serotonin booster lending it to be a great reliever of mood swings and depression
- high in iron
- high in magnesium
- high in calcium
- contains anandamide (the "bliss molecule") lending to feelings of euphoria and relaxation
- contains phenylethylamine, a natural energy and mood booster
- contains protein (protein!)
- has been shown to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol
- contains sulfur (great for healthy skin, hair, and nails!)
- has been shown to support good metabolism and healthy weight loss
Through many experimental cups, I discovered the amazingly delicious and complementary power of protein-rich tahini and flavorful cardamom paired with amazingly healthy cacao powder. This combo will blow you away, as you sink into delicious and relaxing guilt-free bliss. Enjoy. . .
- 2 cups milk of choice (I like unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 5 tbs organic cacao powder
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs tahini
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 green cardamon pod, contents freshly ground (or 1/4 tsp ground cardamom)
- optionally, ground cardamom or cinnamon for garnishing
Fat: 20 g