Healthy Flourless Peanut Butter Bars (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
These easy, healthy and delicious Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Bars are flour-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and made with only a few simple and wholesome ingredients!
I’ve always been fond of using nut & seed butters in baked goods, and these Gluten-Free Flourless Peanut Butter Bars are no exception!
There isn’t any need for flour in gluten-free baking when you have peanut butter (or any nut butter) on hand! It can mimic and even outdo the best of gluten-free flours in terms of both texture and taste.
These Healthy Flourless Peanut Butter Bars are:
Gluten-free, dairy-free, free of refined sugar.
Made with just a few simple, healthy ingredients.
Super easy, one-bowl prep!
Super moist and chewy.
High in protein.
Delicious and will not last long! :-)
Tips for making Gluten-Free Peanut Bars:
For best results, use a peanut butter with minimal ingredients. One made with just peanuts & salt is ideal.
Let the bars cool completely after baking for best results. They will firm up significantly as they cool.
You can store these bars in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Are you out of cinnamon? These bars taste great with any warming spices you might would like to add: ginger, cardamom, nutmeg and cloves. And they are simply delicious without any spices added, too!
You can swap the maple syrup for raw honey, if you prefer.
You can make a sugar-free version by using a syrup such as this one.
Healthy Flourless Peanut Butter Bars (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free
Author: Kristen Wood | 2-10-2019
- prep time: 5 minutes
- cook time: 18 minutes
- total time: 23 minutes
Yields: 12 bars
- 1 cup of peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (see tips above in the post for other options)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line a pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the above ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (I find 18 minutes to be about perfect), or until all is firm and the edges are turning golden.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Serving: 1 bar
- Fat: 10 grams
- Calories: 162
NOTE: Please see 'Tips' above in the blog post for suitable substitutions, storage tips and more!