Gluten-Free Buckwheat Flour Apple Muffins
These easy, healthy and delicious Gluten-Free Apple Buckwheat Flour Muffins are full of fiber, protein, the perfect blend of spices and are free from refined sugars making them a great breakfast, snack or dessert!
I’ve been on a bit of a muffin kick lately as my kiddos quite enjoy them as their little handheld afternoon snack . . .
We are also quite fond of the heartiness, earthiness & versatility of buckwheat flour!
I wanted to make apple muffins that were not too sweet and that could be enjoyed as a healthy treat or filling breakfast…but that were still full of flavor! I think I succeeded.
These Gluten-Free Buckwheat Flour Apple Muffins are:
super hearty and filling
packed with protein and fiber
easily made to be dairy-free
perfect for breakfast, a snack or a dessert
packed with beautiful and fragrant warming spices reminiscent of autumn
quick and easy to make
I hope you think so, too! Enjoy. xo.
- 1 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- `1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla dairy or non-dairy yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- 2 apples (I use Fuji) (1 grated, 1 thinly sliced for topping)
- coconut sugar, for sprinkling (optional, but delicious)