Double Blue Peppermint Moon Milk (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
This gluten-free & vegan Double Blue Peppermint Moon Milk makes for one soothing & delicious antioxidant-rich brew perfect for those stressful days and sleepless nights . . .
Some of you may have caught on to my love of colorful beverages by now . . .
Just look at that beautiful color! And the best part? Blue Butterfly Pea Flowers (Clitoria ternatea) are packed with antioxidants, stress-relieving properties, and anti-inflammatory effects. What's not to love?
Throw in some cooling and calming peppermint, magnesium-rich (sleep promoting!) sunflower seeds, and vitamin c and antioxidant-rich blueberries and you have yourself one doubly blue brew that is:
Packed with healthy nutrient dense ingredients
Soothing, calming, relaxing
Creamy and satisfying
And gluten-free & vegan!
I truly hope you enjoy my take on this nighttime beverage with its roots in Ayurveda; and give the amazing Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Powder a spin yourself!
- 2 cups almond or oat milk
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon blue butterfly pea flower powder
- 1 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pink himalayan or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- optionally, to garnish: fresh mint leaves
Fat: 6 g