Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
Super creamy and delicious Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese! This cheesy dish with its flavorful breadcrumb topping makes a great autumn meal!
This creamy, cheesy mac 'n' cheese is not only gluten free, but bursting with the wonderful flavor of butternut squash as well! Topped with gluten free breadcrumbs, this dish will satisfy all of your comfort food cravings!
Looking for a comforting dish to keep you warm this winter? Look no further.
This creamy noodle dish gives other mac 'n' cheeses a run for their money with its subtle hints of rosemary & nutmeg coupled with the added dimension of butternut squash & crunchy breadcrumb topping...yum, yum!
What to serve with this Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese:
- 8 oz gluten free elbow macaroni
- 10 oz bag frozen butternut squash
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs butter
- 3 tbs gluten free flour
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream + 1 1/2 cups water, blended
- 1 tbs fresh chopped rosemary
- Salt & cayenne
- Olive oil (for greasing casserole dish)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Breadcrumb Topping:
- 3/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs* ( I made mine using my magic tahini seed bread, link below)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly chopped rosemary
- dab of melted butter
Fat: 30 g
Find my Magic Tahini Seed Bread: HERE