Cookbook Review Series 03: Vegan Yack Attack On the Go! by Jackie Sobon + Lentil Balls with Zesty Rice + A Giveaway
Vegan Yack Attack On the Go is the latest release from Jackie Sobon of the blog Vegan Yack Attack. Read on to learn more about this wonderful cookbook, grab the recipe for Jackie's Lentil Balls with Zesty Rice and to enter to win a copy of this beautiful book for yourself! (Update: GIVEAWAY now CLOSED)
Vegan Yack Attack On the Go by Jackie Sobon is filled to the brim with plant-based recipes for those of you who need to maintain your vegan lifestyle but are also in a rush! There are no shortcuts here -- only wholesome, beautiful, and delicious meals that are approachable and perfectly timed . . .
Where do I start with this book? It is positively GORGEOUS, for starters. Every page is filled with vibrant and inspiring imagery paired alongside some of the most mouth-wateringly creative dishes I've ever seen. Whether you're a strict vegan, or simply wanting to incorporate more plant-based dishes in your diet -- you'll be more than pleased with what you find here. And the best part? Despite their classy appearances, every recipe is easy to create and perfect for those time-crunched days.
Why not take a peek inside . . .
Here's a sample of the deliciousness to be found in-between the pages of Vegan Yack Attack On the Go:
(Images & Recipes Copyright Jackie Sobon of Vegan Yack Attack; Reprinted with permission)
And those Lentil Balls with Zesty Rice? Ohmygosh. SO good. You just have to give it a spin for yourself . . .
- 2 cans (30 ounces, or 850 g) black or brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (100 g) walnut halves
- 3 tablespoons (5 g) chopped dried mushrooms
- 1½ tablespoons (25 g) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons (5 g) fresh parsley
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup (80 g) gluten-free bread crumbs
- FOR THE ZESTY RICE:
- 2 2/3 cups (635 ml) water
- 1 1/3 cups (255 g) uncooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons (5 g) minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- FOR THE ASSEMBLY:
- 2 cups (100 g) chopped lettuce
- 1 cup (130 g) halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup (35 g) slivered red onion
- 4 lemon wedges
GIVEAWAY! Want to win a copy? Enter here:
Connect with Jackie: