Blueberry Smoothie Blender Pancakes (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
These easy, healthy and delicious Blueberry Smoothie Blender Pancakes make for a fun gluten-free and dairy-free breakfast or brunch (or a nutritious finger food style treat that kids will enjoy due to their very blue color)!
These delicious gluten-free blender pancakes came about when my oldest boy requested blue pancakes for lunch one day. I got right on it and this was the result. We have since made them many times, and let me tell ya, kiddos and adults alike will enjoy these fun little flapjacks . . .
These Blueberry Smoothie Blender Pancakes are:
filled with simple and nutritious ingredients
quick and easy to make
versatile and can be enjoyed any time of day
high in fiber, protein, and heart healthy antioxidants
filling and satisfying
sweetened with banana and blueberries
gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free and free from added sugars
Tips for making Gluten-Free Blueberry Smoothie Blender Pancakes:
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for equivalent results.
Don’t have or want to use an egg? A flax egg will work or replace with 2 tablespoons of yogurt or applesauce instead.
To make them double blue pancakes, sprinkle fresh blueberries over the batter before flipping.
The longer and smoother you blend them, the fluffier the result will be.
What to serve Blueberry Smoothie Blender Pancakes with:
All in all these gluten-free pancakes are a fun and healthy breakfast with a creative twist that are certain to be devoured by all! Enjoy. xo.
Gluten-Free + Dairy-Free Blueberry Smoothie Pancakes
Author: Kristen Wood | 2-10-2019
- prep time: 5 minutes
- cook time: 10 minutes
- total time: 15 minutes
Yields: 12 medium-sized pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (certified GF if necessary)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I like unsweetened vanilla almond)
- Combine all of the above ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased or non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Using about 2 tablespoon portions per pancake, pour the batter onto your hot skillet.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes or until bubble on top begin to pop.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until pancakes are sufficiently firm and golden.
- Serving: 2 pancakes (cooked)
- Fat: 2.5 grams
- Calories: 71
NOTE: Please see 'Tips' above in the blog post for suitable substitutions, storage tips and more!